Friday, December 9, 2016

Given





A naked body awaits me in the room


In my hands I bring little


Towel, bowl and shaving equipment




There is no need for conversation


There are no chains, gags or ropes to secure and restraint


Time ticks setting the pace of what happens


I plug the machine and it buzzes as I turn on the switch


It is noisy, but that can't be helped




Hair starts falling down slowly on the body


As my hands take turns removing


All the lumps that stand in its path


Chunk by chunk


It all goes away




The beard follows the same route


Getting swept by the wind of my will


A clean face presents itself


With glowing eyes looking up to me




All the effort in cleaning, styling and grooming


All the pride and identity


Given by that amount of fur and hair


Dropped on the floor


Lost and missed




A kiss is exchanged for the offering given


A first step in this journey


Many steps still left to be taken




The body lies on the table


Water and foam cover it


Waiting for the blade to touch the skin


Waiting to remove all that stands in its path




First on one side, followed by the next


Little by little


All the dirt disappears




The body now presents itself


In its most original way


Pure and innocent


Like it came into the world




The scars of time are there


With nothing left to hide it


But they bear as much meaning


As a drop of soiled water


Diluted in the river


Not able to change the taste


Of the water we drink




Even time seems


to not have passed by it


Waiting for the moment to be taken





This body became


A white canvas in my eyes


To write my words over it


To be shaped by my desire


To gain new form and motion


In the place where it will stand


As my masterpiece for all to see




And this is the gift I take


Wrapped under my arms




That I welcome into my life










No comments:

Post a Comment