Monday, July 24, 2017

A visit to the doctor






I have an itch that I cannot scratch


That keeps me awake throughout the night


If I try to get it out


It hides too deep for me to find




Perhaps by candle light with my hands bound in prayer ?




I searched heaven and earth for an answer


Books and scriptures of all religions known


But their words could not even give me comfort


Left with this ailment to face alone




Or so I thought




An obscure doctor told me a way


Unorthodox, but trialed and tested


By many that came before


On the road that I have to follow




The medicine has been prescribed




Bare flesh needs to be exposed


To probe and test where it may hide


Perseverance may be needed


But my sickness has a cure




Or at least hope




All I require is skin and to be bold


So I have to strip myself of all I hold


And prepare myself to do what I am told


As the body needs to feel its touch




And it begins




Skin against skin


Arms stretched and hands closed


Ass straight up and back exposed


The wind whistles in the air




Am I too weak for this to bear ?




Strange words come out of my mouth


Some full sentences or merely sound


But they all have a deeper meaning


Not for you but for me




And what is left you may ask




White becomes red


Pristine becomes tainted


Illusions touch reality


Harsh and strong




But always true




The will to fight goes away


As rain clouds my tired eyes


And I feel a child again


Helpless and unprotected




But safely secured by a strong embrace




I let go of everything


And peace returns to my aching heart


As the itch is now gone


Nowhere to be found




The work is done




I thank the good doctor for this gift


The remedy bitter and hard to swallow


That marked my body and left me hollow


But one I needed most of all




And my cure you may ask




He said a chain on my neck could do it


With a strong hand to pull it


But for now this will suffice


Or maybe it shouldn't




I await for next itch


Anxiously








No comments:

Post a Comment